Subject: Re: [BUG] More on t5562 hangs randomly in subtests 6,8 and 13 in 2.21.0-rc0

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 10:16:26 -0500

On 2019-02-13, Max Kirillov, wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:59:00AM -0500, Randall S. Becker wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> 
>> I have localized the hang in t5562 (previous thread) to the
>> invoke-with-content-length.pl script.
>
>I have yet to look at it more closely, but there have been
>one case of misbehavior due to unintended reuse of output file (see
>https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/ )
>Could your case be somehow related to it?

I don't think the lack of curl is an issue (one thing mentioned in the
thread), as curl works fine. We are on 7.57.0.

As far as the unintended reuse of the output file, and issues with pipes,
yes, the NonStop is very sensitive to complex use of pipes and much of the
compatibility issues we have had relate to those (usually Linux-specific
pipe assumptions). That is where I have been looking when trying to debug
this situation (not yet found anything). This could very well be directly
related.

Regards,
Randall