Subject: git sparse-checkout set not working in git 2.27.0

From: "Alasdair Hurst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:49:55 +0100

In git 2.27.0 sparse-checkout doesn't seem to work the same as it did in
2.25.0:

Version: git version 2.27.0.windows.1 (the same behavior occurs on 2.27.0 on
linux too)

Commands:
-git clone [email-masked]:user/repo <mailto:[email-masked]:user/repo>
--no-checkout --depth 1 sparse-repo

-cd sparse-repo

-git sparse-checkout init

-git sparse-checkout add packages

Expected behavior (as seen in 0.25):

-ls
packages

The packages directory is checked out and available the repo root.

Current behavior

-ls

No packages directory is checked out and the root is empty.