Subject: [BUG] git-2.30.0-rc1 - Transitive OpenLDAP requirement in libcurl

From: "Randall S. Becker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 12:22:04 -0500

The NonStop platform does not have an implementation of OpenLDAP, but git is
attempting to use it. We are getting unresolved references from libcurl,
which makes references to openldap regardless of whether it exists. We do
not expect git to use ldap_setup_connection, for example. We need a way of
disabling the use of this package. This appears to be is a net new for issue
for 2.23.0, which we just did not get far enough on rc0 to encounter. 

Need assistance to resolve this.

Thanks,
Randall

Sample (there are more) references:

eld command line:
   /usr/bin/eld -o git-imap-send -set systype oss -set highpin on -set
   highrequestor on -set inspect on /usr/lib/ccplmain.o imap-send.o http.o
   common-main.o -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lz
   -lssl -lcrypto -lcrypto libgit.a xdiff/lib.a -lz -lintl -liconv
   -L/usr/local/lib -lfloss -lutil -lrld -L /G/system/sys04 -lcre -lcrtl
   -lossk -lossf -lsec -li18n -licnv -losse -linet -lossh -lossc
   -allow_duplicate_procs

**** ERROR **** [1210]:
   /usr/local/lib/libcurl.a(libcurl_la-openldap.o): In function
   `ldap_setup_connection':
   libcurl_la-openldap.o(.text._153926392+0x72): unresolved reference to
   ldap_url_parse.

-- Brief whoami:
 NonStop developer since approximately 211288444200000000
 UNIX developer since approximately 421664400
-- In my real life, I talk too much.