Subject: t0025 weird behaviour on NonStop ksh/bash

From: "Randall S. Becker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 19:17:28 -0400

Ok, I'm sure that this is not a git problem, but there is an assumption
about echo behaviour in t0025 that may not be correct. When executed from a
shell function on the HP NonStop platform under ksh and bash, the LFonly
file annoyingly contains cr-lf not just lf. This causes sub-test 4 to fail.
Weirdly, this does not happen from an interactive shell. My proposed
solution, in t0025-crlf-auto.sh, to this is to make it explicit that bad
behaviour on the part of echo should be dealt with severely, as in:

        for w in Hello world how are you; do echo $w; done | tr -d '\r'
>LFonly

instead of 

        for w in Hello world how are you; do echo $w; done >LFonly

which is a no-op on platforms that behave themselves in this situation. Is
this the proper approach?

Cheers,
Randall

-- Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)/NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In my real life, I talk too much.