Subject: Problems with CSPRNG in wrapper.c

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 18:06:07 -0500

I've hit an issue with git that has me stumped at a customer site - so I
have limited visibility on what is actually wrong. This is pretty urgent
that I resolve this.

In git/wrapper (lines 477 from :
       if (csprng_bytes(&v, sizeof(v)) < 0)
       	return error_errno("unable to get random bytes for temporary file");

First, I was not aware that csprng was a git dependency - not sure why
because we depend on OpenSSL_random that should return random bytes. Does
this still mean that there is a dependency on PRNGD, or is there another
dependency I am missing.

Should I get them to revert back to an older git version (which one)? Is a
patch needed?

Thanks,
Randall

--
Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)
NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In real life, I talk too much.