Subject: [BUG] Worktree prune complains about missing path

From: "Randall S. Becker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 15:36:30 -0500

I’m a bit confused about this, as I thought I understood worktrees :(.

/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest git worktree list
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest: git worktree list
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest     4e901ca [master]
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest.wt  4e901ca [dest.wt]

/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest: find . -name dest.wt
./.git/logs/refs/heads/dest.wt
./.git/refs/heads/dest.wt
./.git/worktrees/dest.wt
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest/.git: cd worktrees/dest.wt
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest/.git/worktrees/dest.wt: ls
HEAD  ORIG_HEAD  commondir  gitdir  index  logs

/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest/.git/worktrees/dest.wt: cat
gitdir
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest.wt/.git

/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest/.git/worktrees/dest.wt: ls
HEAD  ORIG_HEAD  commondir  gitdir  index  logs

/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest/.git/worktrees/dest.wt: cd
../../../..
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest: rm -rf dest.wt
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest: cd dest
/home/randall/nsgit/test/test dir.mytest/dest: git worktree prune -v
Removing worktrees/dest.wt: gitdir file points to non-existent location

It seems like one or two situations are a problem:
1) I’m using a full path for the worktree. 
2) There’s a blank in my path – deliberate… tests, yanno.

This is git 2.16.2. Could anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,
Randall