Subject: RE: Migrate away from vger to GitHub or (on-premise) GitLab?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 12:06:04 -0500

On Friday, February 2, 2024 11:42 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
><[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>Did you consider to rather read the list through
>>>gmane.comp.version-control.git nntp newsgroup?
>>>
>>>This way you get only very specific mails in your mail-box, those
>>>where you are explicitly CC'ed, and you usually get more support for
>>>structuring from NNTP readers than from mail clients.
>>
>> Google is dropping Usenet NNTP updates on 22 Feb 2024. I would love
>> that idea, but it has a limited lifespan.
>
>You do not have to read NNTP newsgroup via Google Groups, which has, but
will be
>ending, support to gateway between them.  The suggestion was to read these
>articles over NNTP instead of subscribing to the list, which does not
involve
>anything Google would (or wouldn't) do.

I should have qualified this with "free" NNTP. I have only been able to find
for fee NNTP servers where I am. The search continues.