Subject: RE: [RFC PATCH 0/3] Introduce clar testing framework

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 16:25:18 -0400

On Wednesday, July 31, 2024 12:53 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
><[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm sorry for being so behind the curve... what is clar and where does it run?
>
>We have t/unit-test/test-lib.[ch] that are our home-grown unit test framework.  A
>handful of tests have been written to use it, when you say "make test", or "(cd t &&
>make)", unit tests binaries linked with the home-grown unit test framework run.
>
>clar is a _potential_ replacement for our home-grown framework, suggested here
>because it would be nicer if we can use off-the-shelf component instead of having
>to enhance and maintain our own.
>
>Where and how it runs does not change even after clar turns out to be good enough
>for our purpose and we commit to replace our home-grown unit test framework
>with it.

Well... I would like to be able to see whether this can be built/used on NonStop just
so I can stay ahead of the curve or be far enough in advance of it to request any
required fixes to make it work on platform.