Subject: difftool sends malformed path to exernal tool on Windows

From: "Paul Lotz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:14:01 -0700

From the Git Bash command line, I enter
$ git difftool

and type ‘y’ when the file I want to difference appears.  Git correctly
calls the external diff tool (LVCompare.exe), but the path for the remote
file Git passes to that tool is malformed (e.g.,
C:\/Users/Paul/AppData/Local/Temp/QCpqLa_calcLoadCellExcitation.vi). 
Obviously the \/ (backslash forwardslash) combination is incorrect.

For the record, I have successfully made calls to LVCompare.exe manually
from a Windows command prompt directly (without Git).

The relevant portion of the .gitconfig file is:
[diff]
     tool = "LVCompare"
[difftool "LVCompare"]
     cmd = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/Shared/LabVIEW
Compare/LVCompare.exe' \"$LOCAL\"  \"$REMOTE\"

For the record, the operating system is Windows 8.1.

Paul