Subject: [BUG] git 2.24.0-rc1 t0500 on NonStop in Jenkins

From: "Randall S. Becker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 18:01:15 -0400

Hi All,

We are running the regression suite (as we always have) in Jenkins and are
finding that t0500 is basically a complete failure. I cannot recreate it
using bash where we have a real terminal, but without one, the t0500
consistently fails. I wonder whether any other platform is experiencing the
same situation.

We also find that we cannot run the main test suite as a background job - we
get segmentation faults that I have yet to isolate, but when run in the
foreground, no problem.

I wanted to get this out there because 2.24.0 goes too far as this did not
happen in 2.23.0 or any release prior.

Sincerely,
Randall

-- Brief whoami:
NonStop developer since approximately 211288444200000000
UNIX developer since approximately 421664400
-- In my real life, I talk too much.