Subject: [Breakage] 2.22.0-rc1 - t0211-trace2-perf.sh

From: "Randall S. Becker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 06:44:36 -0400

Hi All,

On the NonStop platform, the entire test for t0211-trace2-perf.sh does not
work. The first case, in verbose, reports:

We get errors when the script is run:

Use of uninitialized value within @tokens in pattern match (m//) at
t0211/scrub_perf.perl line 29, <> line 1.

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/git/git/t/trash
directory.t0211-trace2-perf/.git/
expecting success:
        test_when_finished "rm trace.perf actual expect" &&
        GIT_TR2_PERF="$(pwd)/trace.perf" test-tool trace2 001return 0 &&
        perl "$TEST_DIRECTORY/t0211/scrub_perf.perl" <trace.perf >actual &&
        cat >expect <<-EOF &&
                d0|main|version|||||$V
                d0|main|start||_T_ABS_|||_EXE_ trace2 001return 0
                d0|main|cmd_name|||||trace2 (trace2)
                d0|main|exit||_T_ABS_|||code:0
                d0|main|atexit||_T_ABS_|||code:0
        EOF
        test_cmp expect actual

--- expect      2019-05-21 10:38:47 +0000
+++ actual      2019-05-21 10:38:47 +0000
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
-d0|main|version|||||2.22.0.rc1
-d0|main|start||_T_ABS_|||_EXE_ trace2 001return 0
-d0|main|cmd_name|||||trace2 (trace2)
-d0|main|exit||_T_ABS_|||code:0
-d0|main|atexit||_T_ABS_|||code:0
+d0|th01:unknown|version|||||2.22.0.rc1
+d0|th02:unknown|start||_T_ABS_|||_EXE_ trace2 001return 0
+d0|th03:unknown|cmd_name|||||trace2 (trace2)
+d0|th04:unknown|exit||_T_ABS_|||code:0
+d0|th06:unknown|atexit||_T_ABS_|||code:0

Our perl is v5.24.0 and this cannot be upgraded.

Thoughts?

Randall

-- Brief whoami:
 NonStop developer since approximately 211288444200000000
 UNIX developer since approximately 421664400
-- In my real life, I talk too much.