Subject: RE: Jenkins Git Plugin

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2025 13:27:48 -0400

On October 8, 2025 1:10 PM, Timothy Patton wrote:
>I recently started seeing the following in build console output when pulling global
>shared libraries from Git.  I need to see the change history part of the build being
>performed.  How can I restore the previous behavior of retrieving the changelog
>when the shared libraries are pulled from Git?
>
>Commit message: "updated getChangeset to include 5 history entries"
> > D:\git\bin\git.exe rev-list --no-walk
>d30fad4563120956426e48bdfe1cbdb450bf932d # timeout=10 'git whatchanged'
>is nominated for removal.
>If you still use this command, please add an extra option, '--i-still-use-this', on the
>command line and let us know you still use it by sending an e-mail to
><[email-masked]>.  Thanks.
>fatal: refusing to run without --i-still-use-this
>ERROR: Unable to retrieve changeset
>hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Error: D:\git\bin\git.exe whatchanged --no-abbrev
>-M "--format=commit %H%ntree %T%nparent %P%nauthor %aN <%aE>
>%ai%ncommitter %cN <%cE> %ci%n%n%w(0,4,4)%B" -n 1024

Please contact the Jenkins GitSCM support group and ask them to fix the plugin to
use git log instead of git whatchanged.

--Randall