Subject: RE: [RFC PATCH 1/3] t: import the clar unit testing framework

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 09:53:52 -0400

On Thursday, August 1, 2024 9:50 AM, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 01, 2024 at 09:47:38AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>> On Thursday, August 1, 2024 9:37 AM, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
>> >As mentioned in another mail, we do not use its Makefile at all. Did
>> >you
>> check
>> >whether the version I have proposed here works when running `make test`?
>>
>> That is the commit I have been trying to use. make test in clar or git?
>
>In Git itself. `make test` builds and runs our unit tests, and that now
also includes
>unit tests based on clar with this patch series. The clar Makefile exists
only because I
>did a 1:1 import of the upstream dependency. We could just as well remove
it
>altogether, including other bits that we don't end up using.

I see. Well, the 2.46.0 test passes. I ran 'seen' 5 days ago and 'next' is
going now. Would that catch it?