Subject: Git 2.54.0-rc0 Breaks on OpenSSL 3.0

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2026 15:05:25 -0400

Sadly, OpenSSL 3.0 is still out in the wild for those who have extended
support contracts with OpenSSL. The following errors happen using OpenSSL
3.0 when built with c99:

"/home/jenkinsbuild/.jenkins/workspace/Git_Pipeline/imap-send.c", line 274:
error(252):
          argument of type "const X509_NAME_ENTRY *" is incompatible with
          parameter of type "X509_NAME_ENTRY *" (aka "struct
X509_name_entry_st
          *")

                                     ASN1_STRING_get0_data(cname),
hostname);
                                     ^
"/home/jenkinsbuild/.jenkins/workspace/Git_Pipeline/imap-send.c", line 279:
error(114):
          identifier "ASN1_STRING_get0_data" is undefined

Sincerely,
Randall

--
Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)
NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In real life, I talk too much.