Subject: GIT: cherry-picking includes changes from a different commit

From: "Ruud Huynen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 21:04:28 +0100

I noticed when cherry-picking a commit it includes changes from this commit
and also changes from a different commit as the one I was picking.

I was in contact with "jast" on IRC, who noticed the issue, but didn't had
time to look further.

For a description of my problem, please read
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27220638/git-cherry-pick-info-about-picke
d-commits

git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
git checkout fixes/0.27

git cherry-pick 30df98ce5d11b69d0b5c5114a9007cdfc79a7e9b
# from master
# commit also picked: 17f17e1fc51b3b4017e08f5ea35c8a7b5a64eeec
# resulting in a conflict

For the commits and before/conflict files, see
https://gist.github.com/FritzHerbers/4f9b0990b6bca15a70eb

As nobody could believe me, that changes from another commit are included,
is something wrong, or is it new behavior? Why did it happen?
With which command, can I have a listing of "intermediate" commits picked?
How can I automate such situations?

Fritz
git version 1.9.1