Subject: RE: Re* [PATCH v3 2/2] doc: revert: add discussion

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:56:14 -0400

On Friday, August 11, 2023 1:54 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> +
>> +		if (starts_with(msg.subject, "Reapply \"Reapply \""))
>> +			/* fifth time is too many - force reference format*/
>> +			use_reference = 1;
>
>Come to think of it, as the documentation patch in the series cited double
reapply as
>too unwieldy, we probably should stop before producing such commit.  We can
>update "Reapply \"Reapply" above to "Revert \"Reapply" and then "fifth" ->
"fourth".
>The test update below must also be adjusted, if we want to take that route.

May I suggest a potential quick solution. Perhaps we could leave this up to
users by putting in an --amend or --reword option to cause a prompt for a
comment for the reverted commit instead of trying to come up with a
one-size-fits-all solution.