Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC][GSoC][PATCH] attr: use local repository state in read_attr

From: Lucas Seiki Oshiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2026 21:04:35 -0300

> Hello everyone,

Hello again, Ayush!

> I’ve incorporated the feedback provided on this patch and sent an
> updated version as a follow-up patch series:
> 
> [RFC GSoC PATCH v3 0/2] Make read_attr() repository-aware by
> introducing a lazy bare state
> [RFC GSoC PATCH v3 1/2] repo-settings: add repo_settings_get_is_bare
> [RFC GSoC PATCH v3 2/2] attr: use local repository state in read_attr

Two tips about working with our mailing lists:

1. Normally here we sent next versions replying to the cover letter
   of the first version. You can use the flag --in-reply-to in
   git-send-email(1) to do that. (This is a Git thing, some other
   patch-based FLOSS projects don't do that).

2. When we reference other messages, we use the message id instead of
   the subject. For example, I'm referencing your message [1] in this
   sentence.

> Best regards,
> Ayush Jha

Thanks and welcome!

[1] [email-masked]/