Subject: RE: git client enhancement request

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 14:00:14 -0500

I have to interject here that the git client doing a push must be fully
authenticated which implies to me that all the information required is
available to do so and allow the server repository to be updated.

Lionel B. Dyck <>< 
Github: https://github.com/lbdyck
System Z Enthusiasts Discord: https://discord.gg/sze

“Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you
are, reputation merely what others think you are.”   - - - John Wooden

-----Original Message-----
From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2024 1:51 PM
To: Sean Allred <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: git client enhancement request

Sean Allred <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is this even technically feasible? My understanding is that storage 
> implementations of each forge vary *wildly*. I don't believe this 
> would be under Git's ability to implement as a project.

Not just "storage implementation", but some things are totally kept outside
the control of Git proper, including user and repository management.
Creating, deleting, and modifying authentication and authorization details
of these things are outside the scope of Git, and forges build on their
competing designs.