Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] sparse-checkout: add 'clean' command

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2025 11:41:26 -0400

On 7/8/2025 7:41 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> The implementation is rather simple with the current CLI. Future
>> augmentations could include a --quiet option to silence the output and a
>> --verbose option to list the files that exist within each directory and
>> would/will be removed.
> 
> I liked the overall idea but this has some interactions with a topic
> in flight.  2c5b5565 (environment: remove the global variable
> 'sparse_expect_files_outside_of_patterns', 2025-07-01).  I may have
> botched (semantic) conflict resolution but with both merged to
> 'seen', a few steps in the sparse test seem to fail.
> 
> For tonight's integration, I'll leave the topic out of 'seen' so
> that we can pass other new topics that we acquired through the CI.
> 
> I may re-attempt merging this topic later, or I may eject the other
> topic from 'seen' and queue this one first, asking the other topic
> to be redone on top.  We'll see.

I'll update my next version to be built on top of that one so
we don't need to worry about semantic merge resolutions.

Thanks,
-Stolee