Subject: Re: [GSoC] [RFC] Project Proposal: Refactoring in order to reduce Git's global state

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2025 23:45:27 +0530

Hi Anthony,

On 05/04/25 16:11, Anthony Wang wrote:
> 
> I'm interested in working with Git over the summer to "Refactor in Order
> to Reduce Git's Global State." My main motivation for choosing this idea
> is that improving Git's environment handling will enhance long-term
> maintainability and scalability, and allow for multiple-repository
> interactions.
> 

Thank you for your proposal! It seems you're starting a bit late in the 
cycle. Anyways, just wanted to send in a gentle reminder that the 
proposal submission deadline is April 8 18:00 UTC. So, there's very less 
time until the same. You may want to consider submitted your current 
proposal and use the option provided in the GSoC website to update the 
proposal before the due date (if necessary). This would help avoid a 
last minute rush.

Also, a feedback about your proposal. You would need to include the 
detail about the microproject you've worked on and the state of the same 
in the proposal. This helps us while reviewing the proposals.

Feel free to let me know in case you face any difficulty with submitting 
your proposal.

--
Sivaraam