Subject: [PATCH 4/8] t1305: use `--git-dir=.` for bare repo in include cycle test

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2026 15:01:13 +0000

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

Earlier tests in t1305 overwrite `$HOME/.gitconfig` with their own
content as part of testing config includes. This clobbers the
`safe.bareRepository=all` entry that test-lib.sh writes when
`WITH_BREAKING_CHANGES` is in effect, causing `git -C cycle config`
to fail with "not in a git directory" when it tries to access the
bare repository created by `git init --bare cycle`.

Use `--git-dir=.` to access the bare repo explicitly, avoiding the
dependency on global config for repository discovery.

Assisted-by: Claude Opus 4.6
Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t1305-config-include.sh | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t1305-config-include.sh b/t/t1305-config-include.sh
index 6e51f892f3..f3892578e4 100755
--- a/t/t1305-config-include.sh
+++ b/t/t1305-config-include.sh
@@ -350,9 +350,9 @@ test_expect_success 'conditional include, onbranch, implicit /** for /' '
 
 test_expect_success 'include cycles are detected' '
 	git init --bare cycle &&
-	git -C cycle config include.path cycle &&
+	git -C cycle --git-dir=. config include.path cycle &&
 	git config -f cycle/cycle include.path config &&
-	test_must_fail git -C cycle config --get-all test.value 2>stderr &&
+	test_must_fail git -C cycle --git-dir=. config --get-all test.value 2>stderr &&
 	grep "exceeded maximum include depth" stderr
 '
 
-- 
gitgitgadget