Subject: shell script calling git fails when called from scheduler

From: Markus Heller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:04:05 -0700

Hi all,

I have the following batch shell script (org-git-synch.bat):

@ECHO OFF

REM get date and time
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('date/t') do @set mydate=%%a
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('time/t') do @set mytime=%%a
set fvar=%mydate%%mytime%

REM add all new files
call git add .
call git commit -a -m "Automated commit by org-git-sync.bat on %fvar%"

The script resides in h:/org/; and I have a working git repository in
this directory (in h:/org/.git).

I can run the script from the command line no problem, but when I try to
run it from the Windoze scheduler, all I get is a cmd window saying:

fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

I did re-initialize the repository, but that didn't matter, since git
status and everything else works fine from the command line.  I'm on Win
7 Pro 64 bit SP 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks and Cheers
Markus