Subject: Run git from .bat file (Windows)

From: Markus Heller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:34:43 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to get the script below working on a box with Windoze XP and
git version 1.7.0.2.msysgit.0.  The script is a .bat file and is
supposed to be run from the Windoze scheduler; for testing, I run it
from a command prompt.

Here's the script:

=================8<==================8<=====================
@ECHO OFF

REM get date and time
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('date/t') do @set mydate=%%a
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('time/t') do @set mytime=%%a
set fvar=%mydate%%mytime%

REM add all new files
git add .
git commit -a -m "Automated commit by org-git-sync.bat on %fvar%"
================>8===================>8======================

The line "git add ." works, as I can see the additions when I type "git
status" after executing the script.  Committing doesn't work, however:
"git log" shows that no commit was created.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks
Markus