Subject: Re: [git pasky] tarball question

From: Martin Schlemmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:51:53 +0200

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 11:23 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 04:31:43PM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:

Hi,

> > How about ripping the .git directory from the next release, and just
> > have a un-numbered tarball (like you used to) that have the latest
> > snapshot of the .git directory for those that want to do git-pasky
> > development?  Should even make things easier your side, as you could
> > just do a cron to update it one a day/whatever.
> 
> Why?  The .git directory doesn't hurt anything that gentoo would do, we
> would just update the ebuild for the major releases.
> 

True, but the tarball was already nearing 2mb (the one before the
versioned tarballs I still have here, is about 1.8mb), and I was just
afraid of what might have happened size wise by the time it hit version
1.0 :)

Thanks,

-- 
Martin Schlemmer