Subject: Re: [PATCH] Support SPARSE in Makefile, better SPARSE_FLAGS

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:14:29 -0400

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 12:19 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > 
> > I hate to say that, but a better alternative is to fix sparse to act
> > like the native compiler by default (possibly with options to imitate
> > other architectures or to be fully arch-neutral).
> > 
> 
> $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -E -dM -x c /dev/null -o builtin.h
> 
> ... will output a file containing all the buildin macros that you can 
> feed to sparse with -include.

I know.  That's what I'm using in the wrapper (plus -m64 and some
warnings).  But it should be the default.  Until then, hassle-free
sparse support in the Makefile is only possible for the projects that
already know the architecture (e.g. the Linux kernel).

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin