Subject: Notes and questions while reading the documentation

From: Christian Meder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:06:06 +0200

Hi,

while (proof-)reading the Documentation I noted down some remarks and
questions:

* a lot of the manpages include something like "v0.1, June 2005" in the
header; these versions tags are pretty obscure to interpret, timestamp
when last edited ? version of the manpage ? version of git when the
manpage was included ? maturity the author assigned to the content ?
If these tags don't follow some sane schema they should be removed.

* git-applymbox: -q for interactivity seems like a strange choice, ok I
knew -i for interactive and -q for quiet but -q for interactive editing
is _not_ really intuitive

* the usage of git, Git and GIT isn't consistent in the documentation.
I'd vote for only using git.

* git-clone says that http transport is not supported yet I used it to
clone the git repo from kernel.org yesterday. Should the documentation
get updated ?

* the manpage synopsises aren't consistent wrt command naming; it's "git
commit" but "git-branch"; I guess all the manpages should reference
their commands as "git-x" and not "git x"

Greetings,

				Christian 
-- 
Christian Meder, email: [email-masked]

The Way-Seeking Mind of a tenzo is actualized 
by rolling up your sleeves.

                (Eihei Dogen Zenji)