Subject: Re: gitk shows an empty line between "Comments" and changed files

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:36:29 -0400

Hi, Junio!

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 10:51 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Or maybe the SHA1 header should never be printed at all?  It looks like
> > it's not documented anywhere.  It doesn't break the tests.
> 
> AFAIK, its only user (except humans) is patch-id.

Thank you for reply!  git-patch-id is badly documented, and its output
is not documented at all.  It outputs two SHA1 hashes, and the second
one is taken from the line produced by git-diff-tree.  If there is no
such line, the second ID is 0.

git-patch-id is only used by git-cherry.  git-cherry writes the second
SHA1 to some files in a temporary directory, but it never reads those
files, it only checks that they exist.

I'm pretty confident now that the patch I posted in the last message was
correct.

Of course, more cleanup will be needed to remove the second ID from
git-patch-id, to adjust git-cherry accordingly and to remove "p"
assignments in gitk.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin