Subject: Problem with the dump HTTP transport

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:02:54 +0100

Hi Junio,

after you released 1.0.0, I tried to pull it over HTTP, but it fails
with the following output:

# cg-update
Fetching head...
Fetching objects...
Getting alternates list for http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git/
Getting pack list for http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git/
error: Unable to find c2f3bf071ee90b01f2d629921bb04c4f798f02fa under http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git/

Cannot obtain needed object c2f3bf071ee90b01f2d629921bb04c4f798f02fa
while processing commit 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000.
cg-fetch: objects fetch failed

Both, git and cogito, are the latest versions from yesterday. So it
seems every time you repack, you need to do something extra to keep the
dump HTTP transport happy.

Regards

Marcel