Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't use merge labels in the ed scripts

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:07:29 -0500

Hi, Petr!

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 22:48 +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > > Well, I sincerely hope that they won't change again. ;-)
> > 
> > Actually, it would be nice to never expose labels starting with
> > ".merge_file_" - cogito should provide more meaningful labels instead.
> 
>   we shouldn't ever expose them, though. If we do, that's a bug.

It turns out those labels were produced by "git merge".  Either "git
merge" should be removed from the test, or "cg-reset" should be used
after the failure.  I prefer the later since it's another test for
Cogito.

Once the mess from "git merge" is cleaned up, it turns out that the last
merge in the testsuite doesn't fail, and several final fixups are no
longer needed.  I think it should be OK to remove corresponding code.
It has no Cogito commands other than cg-commit, which is already tested
elsewhere.

I'm sending you the new patch.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin