Subject: Re: New release?

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:19:19 -0400

Hello, Junio!

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 23:02 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>          - http-fetch fixes from Nick, which looked obviously correct.
>            I would appreciate test reports from people who saw breakages
>            on this one.

I'm still getting a segfault with the current git from the "next" branch:

$ git-clone http://www.denx.de/git/linux-2.6-denx.git
...
got 4160b8334c53e0881cdc12c1f7d3d54fff883772
got 5f57f29efee48d84e235a8ff75a35e7e354227a7
got 681a9c73a2a321850404d4856f4738be47e17d15
got 29b0ddaa324e417abf153460d7d94fb67823a6ef
got 23e7a5c7d2c13d98524b69f54378d887e1962fc8
/home/proski/bin/git-clone: line 29: 27271 Segmentation fault      git-http-fetch -v -a -w "$tname" "$name" "$1/"

It takes about an hour with my connection from running the command to
the segfault.  It you have any idea how to speed it up, it would be very
helpful.

If I comment out USE_CURL_MULTI, I get compile errors in http.c and
http-push.c.

http.c: In function 'release_active_slot':
http.c:441: error: 'curlm' undeclared (first use in this function)
http.c:441: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
http.c:441: error: for each function it appears in.)
http.c:445: warning: implicit declaration of function
'fill_active_slots'

http-push.c: In function 'fill_active_slots':
http-push.c:801: error: 'max_requests' undeclared (first use in this
function)
http-push.c:801: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
http-push.c:801: error: for each function it appears in.)
http-push.c:811: error: 'curlm' undeclared (first use in this function)
http-push.c: In function 'add_fetch_request':
http-push.c:855: warning: implicit declaration of function
'step_active_slots'

It may be easy to fix for somebody familiar with the code, but I don't
want to do it blindly.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin