Subject: Re: [PATCH 2, proof of concept] autoconf: Use %configure in git.spec, autoconf dependency only in rpm target

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 00:16:37 -0400

Hi Jakub,

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 16:09 +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Sidenote 1: current git.spec.in doesn't allow building RPMS from a dirty
> version: 
>   error: line 3: Illegal char '-' in version: Version:    1.4.1.g1c7c-dirty
> Is it intentional?

I don't know if it's intentional, but it's annoying.  The workaround is
to use StGIT and run "stg refresh" before "make rpm".

> +Patch0: 	git-add-autoconf-configure.patch.gz

I don't think we need patches in git.spec.in.  Let's leave it to the
actual distributions.  If you have a problem with rpm, please submit the
autoconf support for now and the rest will be cleaned up eventually.
Besides, the "next" branch has different and potentially conflicting
changes to git.spec.in for Git.pm support.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin