Subject: Re: Why I love GIT but use Subversion (was: GIT user survey)

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:50:17 -0400

Hello, Jörg!

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 03:45 +0200, Jörg W Mittag wrote:

> In my case the operating environment is the Windows Explorer or
> Eclipse and my workflow is basically dragging and dropping files with
> the mouse.  I can do just that with TortoiseSVN and Subclipse without
> having to change the way I normally work.

I understand you don't really care about changesets (i.e. committing
several files at once and recording it as a single operation).  In that
case, would git-cvsserver satisfy your needs?  Would it make any
difference if there were a similar Subversion emulator?  Would DAV
support make any difference?

> With Git I would constantly
> need to switch back and forth between Explorer or Eclipse and Cygwin.

With git-cvsserver, you can run it and forget about it.  The rest would
be handled through the CVS interface.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin