Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:37:45 +1000

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 01:19 +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> 
> I wonder if any SCM other than git has easy way to "rebase" a branch,
> i.e. cut branch at branching point, and transplant it to the tip
> of other branch. For example you work on 'xx/topic' topic branch,
> and want to have changes in those branch but applied to current work,
> not to the version some time ago when you have started working on
> said feature. 

Precisely how does this rebase operate in git ? 
Does it preserve revision ids for the existing work, or do they all
change?

bzr has a graft plugin which walks one branch applying all its changes
to another preserving the users metadata but changing the uuids for
revisions. 

-Rob

-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.