Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Example Cogito Addon - cogito-bundle

From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:15:29 +1000

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 09:05 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 18:13 -0400, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> > 
> > All in all, not ideal, but it seems bzr handles this better than bk.
> > Certainly, bzr doesn't silently drop anyone's changes, at least.  I
> > suspect that bzr could improve its handling of this use case, but not,
> > I'm sure, to Linus's specifications; some of the fun and games does
> > seem to come from the use of file IDs. 
...
> However, I'm still convinced that tracking the user intention of renames
> leads to a slicker system than renames via inference. My off the cuff
> list of corner cases is:

I meant to add, that I think inference is a great tool to use as an
adjunct to whatever explicit data one can capture.

-Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.