Subject: Upgrade Git in openSUSE13.1

From: Arup Rakshit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 02:32:13 +0630

Hi,

I am keep getting the below warning, whenever I am trying to deploy my code 
there :

[arup@to_do_app]$ heroku logs -t
Your version of git is 1.8.4.5. Which has serious security vulnerabilities.
More information here: 
https://blog.heroku.com/archives/2014/12/23/update_your_git_clients_on_windows_and_os_x
2014-12-21T17:58:49.605785+00:00 app[web.1]:    from 
/app/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-
migrations/adapters/dm-postgres-adapter.rb:60:in `ensure in without_notices'

I am also not seeing any upgrade here - 
http://software.opensuse.org/package/git

How to upgrade then ?

-- 
================
Regards,
Arup Rakshit
================
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, 
if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not 
smart enough to debug it.

--Brian Kernighan