Subject: branch.pu.forcefetch

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:31:59 -0500

Hello!

I'm testing the current git from the master branch, and I like the idea
of moving the remotes to the config file, but I think there is a
significant omission in the new syntax.  There is no way to specify that
some branches are fast forward.

For example, I clone the git repository anew, and I try to update it by
git-fetch a few days later.  I get an error:

* refs/remotes/origin/pu: not updating to non-fast forward branch 'pu'
of git://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git

It would be great to have a "non-fastforward" option in the config file
for every branch.  I'm thinking about something like:

[branch "pu"]
        forcefetch = 1

It would be even better to initialize such option while cloning.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin