Subject: Re: Better icon for qgit

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:57:25 -0500

On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 07:47 +0100, Marco Costalba wrote:
>   it's ok for me to use your icon, I don't know if a 16x16 it's
> enough, there is the window title but also application tool bar and
> ALT+TAB application chooser where icons are bigger.
> 
> In particular your icon does not show well in ALT+TAB app chooser,
> while the Bernhard's one does.

OK, I made another icon of the size 48x48 and ensured that it scales
well to sizes 32x32, 24x24 and 16x16.  I used borders and gradients so
that the colors of the title bars don't hide one of the stripes.  I
replaced black with cyan-blue, since black draws too much attention from
other bars, and gray would look thicker with gray borders.

I'm attaching the PNG and the XCF (the GIMP format) in case if somebody
wants to make improvements.

I also tried another idea - making the word "qgit" look like a revision
tree.  I don't think the result very good as is, but I'm sending it too
in case somebody can improve it.

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin