Subject: Re: FFmpeg considering GIT

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 18:30:43 -0400

Hello!

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 14:59 +0200, Karl Hasselström wrote:
> configure.ac: 9: required file `./[config.h].in' not found

Sorry for being late with the comments, but it looks like some very old
Automake doesn't understand that the argument to AC_CONFIG_HEADER or
AM_CONFIG_HEADER can be quoted.

Regarding AM_CONFIG_HEADER vs AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, the documentation for
Automake says:

AC_CONFIG_HEADERS
Automake will generate rules to rebuild these headers.  Older versions
of Automake required the use of AM_CONFIG_HEADER; this is no longer the
case today.

So I suggest that we keep AC_CONFIG_HEADERS.  Automake's NEWS file says
AM_CONFIG_HEADER is obsolete since version 1.7.

> src/Makefile.am:30: invalid unused variable name:
> `nodist_qgit_SOURCES'

That's another sign of an obsolete version of Automake.  "nodist_" was
introduced many years ago, back in the good old days when I had time to
track its progress.  NEWS says it was introduced in Automake 1.5!

Perhaps we should require version 1.7 by adding this to the top-level
Makefile.am:

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = 1.7

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin