Subject: [PATCH] git-config: Correct asciidoc documentation for --int/--bool

From: Frank Lichtenheld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 00:12:58 +0200

The asciidoc documentation seemed to indicate that type specifiers
are honoured on writing operations which they aren't. Make this
more clear.

Signed-off-by: Frank Lichtenheld <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-config.txt |   17 +++++++++--------
 1 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-config.txt b/Documentation/git-config.txt
index 280ef20..827a499 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-config.txt
@@ -9,15 +9,15 @@ git-config - Get and set repository or global options
 SYNOPSIS
 --------
 [verse]
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] name [value [value_regex]]
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --add name value
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --replace-all name [value [value_regex]]
+'git-config' [--system | --global] name [value [value_regex]]
+'git-config' [--system | --global] --add name value
+'git-config' [--system | --global] --replace-all name [value [value_regex]]
 'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --get name [value_regex]
 'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --get-all name [value_regex]
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --unset name [value_regex]
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --unset-all name [value_regex]
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --rename-section old_name new_name
-'git-config' [--system | --global] [type] --remove-section name
+'git-config' [--system | --global] --unset name [value_regex]
+'git-config' [--system | --global] --unset-all name [value_regex]
+'git-config' [--system | --global] --rename-section old_name new_name
+'git-config' [--system | --global] --remove-section name
 'git-config' [--system | --global] -l | --list
 
 DESCRIPTION
@@ -36,7 +36,8 @@ prepend a single exclamation mark in front (see EXAMPLES).
 The type specifier can be either '--int' or '--bool', which will make
 'git-config' ensure that the variable(s) are of the given type and
 convert the value to the canonical form (simple decimal number for int,
-a "true" or "false" string for bool). If no type specifier is passed,
+a "true" or "false" string for bool).  Type specifiers currently only
+take effect for reading operations.  If no type specifier is passed,
 no checks or transformations are performed on the value.
 
 This command will fail if:
-- 
1.5.2-rc3.GIT