Subject: RE: Problem with git bisect between 2.6.15 and 2.6.16

From: "Greg Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:28:07 -0500

> You'll need to invert "good" and bad" for this.  I.e. mark 2.6.15 as good, 2.6.16 as
bad, and
> then as you test mark kernels with the bug as good, and ones without as bad.  Try not to
go
> insane while working in this inverted parallel universe :-)
> 
> -Tony

This was progressing fine until I ran into an issue that makes the kernel unstable causing
it to crash at semi-random times.  I'm down to about 350 commits left in the bisect.  I've
tried:

git reset --hard HEAD~3

no luck, same problem, unstable

then I tried --hard HEAD~50

no luck, same problem, unstable

I'm concerned about moving too much further in the "~" direction, will this cause me other
problems?

Greg