Subject: [REPLACEMENT PATCH 0/6] improve refspec handling in push, refactor matching in fetch

From: Steffen Prohaska <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:01:42 +0100

This is a replacement for sp/push-refspec. It is rebased to the current master.

 Documentation/git-push.txt      |    4 ++--
 Documentation/git-send-pack.txt |    4 +++-
 builtin-push.c                  |   11 +++++++++++
 cache.h                         |    4 ++++
 refs.c                          |   31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 remote.c                        |   28 +++-------------------------
 sha1_name.c                     |   14 ++------------
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                |   25 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh           |   29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 transport.c                     |    8 ++++++--
 transport.h                     |    1 +
 11 files changed, 116 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)

 [PATCH 1/6] push: mention --verbose option in documentation
    Push uses parseopts, which supports '--verbose'.

 [PATCH 2/6] push: teach push to pass --verbose option to transport layer
    Adapted to paresopts changes.

 [PATCH 3/6] push: support pushing HEAD to real branch name
    Same as before.

 [PATCH 4/6] add ref_abbrev_matches_full_with_rules()
 [PATCH 5/6] push: use same rules as git-rev-parse to resolve refspecs
 [PATCH 6/6] refactor fetch's ref matching to use ref_abbrev_matches_full_with_rules()
    Start unification of refspec matching rules.