Subject: Git and Scmbug integration

From: Kristis Makris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:06:32 -0700

Hello,

I've been working on adding Git support in Scmbug, a system that
integrates software configuration management with bug-tracking. I've run
across what seem to be limitations in the Git hooks mechanism (at least
in version 1.5.1.3). In particular:

(1)

http://bugzilla.mkgnu.net/show_bug.cgi?id=991

There's no hook that will trigger when a tag is applied.

(2)

http://bugzilla.mkgnu.net/show_bug.cgi?id=992

Git does not offer metadata describing a change on the commit trigger

The commit trigger seems to be "post-commit" but it supplies no arguments. The
"update" trigger supplies a lot of information but that's only triggered when
changes are published to a remote repository.

I could not find a way to extract this information from what I've read in:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/hooks.html

Are there plans to implement these hooks ? Or, could someone help me
understand how to extract such information ? 

Thanks,
Kristis
_______________________________________________
scmbug-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.mkgnu.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/scmbug-users