Subject: Re: Git in a Nutshell guide

From: "Jonas Juselius" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:14:37 +0100

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 17:05 +0100, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> By the way, the description of this repository (for gitweb) is
> "CVS to git migration guide", the same as for CVS2git.git
> (shouldn't it be CVS2git_guide.git?).

Well, it's the same repository. When I started out, I only planned to
write the CVS2git manual. Then I wrote the Nutshell guide, and changed
the name of the repo, but I had already given the link to a bunch of
people so I kept the link.

> 
> Perhaps you should have make gitweb.cgi with 
>   GITWEB_BASE_URL="http://git.jonas.iki.fi"
> then, or configure @git_base_url_list in gitweb_config.perl.
> 

I'll look into that :)

> Do I understand correctly that you don't support cloning via git://
> protocol?

Yes, that is correct. The machine is behind a number of firewalls, and I
simply cannot be bothered to go through the bureaucracy...

.j.