Subject: Yet another "emacs-git" mode on emacs

From: tsgatesv <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:55:18 +0900

Hi!

I has written yet another git mode on Emacs in order to contribute to
the git organization.

I expected the below

 1. Understanding git
 2. Use friend and powerful mode for emacs
 3. Introduce myself to you :-)

Actually, I followed the suggestion listed on the soc 2008 ideas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Better Emacs integration
Make git mode for Emacs full featured git GUI, and not only commit tool,
following ideas of PCL-CVS... and its limitation. Existing is today
git.el, which is very limited in features, and DVC
(http://download.gna.org/dvc), which still doesn't take full advantage
of Git's capabilities. Merging git.el and DVC would probably be a good
start. Other git GUIs, like git-gui, gitk, qgit, tig could also be
inspiration for features. 

Goal: Allow creating and switching branches, examining history, merging,
fetching etc. from withing Emacs. Should include modes for git config
file format and format-patch patches. 
Language: Emacs Lisp 
Suggested mentors: 

      * Alexandre Julliard 
      * David Kagedal 

Possible Co-mentor: 

      * Matthieu Moy 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction & guided tour is on the links below.

Tour   : http://tsgates.cafe24.com/git/git-emacs.html 
Source : http://tsgates.cafe24.com/git/git-emacs-1.0.tar.gz

I happy to get a bug reports and any suggestions!

Since it is my first experience of contributing to open source, if there
are any misunderstandings or fallacies, please inform me anytime!