Subject: Re: "stg reset --status" doesn't just reset status

From: Pavel Roskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:30:24 -0400

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 14:00 +0200, Karl Hasselström wrote:

> (I assume "stg reset --status" is just a typo for "stg status
> --reset"?)

Exactly.  "stg status --reset" is so against the logic that I could not
even write it properly :)

> I'd be fine with removing status --reset, but since there is currently
> no other way to do this in StGit, I expect Catalin would object. (As I
> recall, that's precisely what happened when I did try to remove it
> some time ago.)

1) stg diff | patch -Rp1
2) stg new -m "trash" trash; stg refresh; stg delete trash

Besides, I don't think everything should be easily doable from stgit.

> I'm currently (slowly) working on an "stg reset" command that'll be
> able to reset the stack to any prior state. It could be made to reset
> to the most recent recorded state if no extra argument is given, which
> I think would make it do what you want.

Sounds good.  Thank you!

-- 
Regards,
Pavel Roskin