Subject: Local branch ahead of tracked remote branch but git push claims everything up-to-date

From: ir0s <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:26:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've used git for quite some time now but haven't run into this kind of
issue before.

I created a new branch from a remote branch that me and another developer
share:
$ git checkout --track -b mybranch origin/remotebranch

I make some changes, commit them but then switch to another branch and do
some work there. 

I return to checkout my new branch to do some work:
$ git checkout mybranch 
Switched to branch "mybranch "
Your branch is ahead of the tracked remote branch 'origin/remotebranch' by 4
commits.
mybranch 

Accurately, it has 4 commits that I haven't pushed yet. I try to push them
but I get the following:
$ git push origin remotebranch
Everything up-to-date

Any ideas? This is really strange. Clearly I have missing commits, my
teammate doesn't see those 4 when he pulls and yet I can't add them.

>>From my git config:

[branch "mybranch"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/remotebranch
-- 
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Local-branch-ahead-of-tracked-remote-branch-but-git-push-claims-everything-up-to-date-tp736663p736663.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.