Subject: Re: Git and tagging hook

From: Kristis Makris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:47:25 -0700

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 19:28 +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Kristis Makris wrote:
> 
> > But the post-receive is NOT executed when I apply a tag.
> > 
> > I want the integration when I apply the tag to a local repository, NOT
> > only when I push/pull.
> 
> If you are talking about taging locally, you can simply make an alias
> or do something after tagging. Search archives for description when
> it is worth to add a hook, and when it is not.

I am looking for a guarantee that is better than casually saying
"simply". I will be providing the integration work to users that may not
be as comfortable with making aliases. 

I still don't see why a hook on local tagging is not available. Is it
possible to add support in Git for such a hook ? Both pre-tag and
post-tag.
_______________________________________________
scmbug-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.mkgnu.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/scmbug-users