Subject: [take 2] git send-email updates

From: Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:24:13 +0100

[PATCH 1/5] git send-email: make the message file name more specific.
    self described

  [PATCH 2/5] git send-email: interpret unknown files as revision lists
    All unknown arguments are passed to git-format-patch at once,
    checking for possible file/rev conflicts and dying in that case,
    like Junio suggested.

  [PATCH 3/5] git send-email: add --annotate option
    same as before.

  [PATCH 4/5] git send-email: ask less questions when --compose is used.
    same as before, with an update wrt empty bodies. Still doesn't grok
    To/Cc/Bcc. I would be really glad if a patch to deal with it was
    appended to that series, but a patch that deals with Header
    continuations well.

  [PATCH 5/5] git send-email: turn --compose on when more than one patch.
    This patch is probably controversial. I propose it not because I'm
    lazy, I now have a 'git send' alias for the task that expands to
    'send-email -C -C -M -n --annotate --compose --to'. I propose it
    because I believe it's a good thing to make people write about their
    stuff when there is a series and not a single patch. If they still
    don't want to, they just have to clear the mail buffer at once.

    The drawback is that it _may_ break some scripts, those people would
    have to pass --no-compose to their send-email call to fix the
    scripts.

    I wouldn't complain if the patch gets dropped.

-- 
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [email-masked]
OOO                                                http://www.madism.org