Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Clean up interpret_nth_last_branch feature

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:13:32 -0700

Dscho and Pasky seem to want to introduce %name and there were a few
discussions around this area, mostly on the syntax.

I am not personally interested in the implementation of this new feature
itself, but I would want to solidify the codepath that they will be
building on before accepting any patch for it, because I have a stake at
the overall health of the resulting code we need to maintain.

The first one is what I already sent.  The last one is a bit iffy.

Junio C Hamano (7):
  check_ref_format(): tighten refname rules
  Rename interpret/substitute nth_last_branch functions
  check-ref-format --branch: give Porcelain a way to grok branch
    shorthand
  strbuf_branchname(): a wrapper for branch name shorthands
  Fix branch -m @{-1} newname
  strbuf_check_branch_ref(): a helper to check a refname for a branch
  checkout -: make "-" to mean "previous branch" everywhere

 branch.c                   |   10 +---------
 builtin-branch.c           |   20 ++++++--------------
 builtin-check-ref-format.c |    9 +++++++++
 builtin-checkout.c         |   26 +++++++++++---------------
 builtin-merge.c            |    5 ++---
 cache.h                    |    2 +-
 refs.c                     |   12 ++++++++----
 sha1_name.c                |   33 +++++++++++++++++++--------------
 strbuf.c                   |   17 +++++++++++++++++
 strbuf.h                   |    3 +++
 10 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)