Subject: [PATCHv2 0/3] format-patch --attach/--inline use filename instead of SHA1

From: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:32:40 -0700

I'm resending this series because it seems it wasn't picked up probably because
the patches were mangled by my mailer.

This patch series modifies the behavior of format-patch when used with the
--attach or --inline command line settings. Current behavior names the attached
or inlined patches with the SHA1 of the commit, which isn't very friendly or
easy for a human to use when downloading the attachments. This series replaces
the SHA1 values with the filename used by format-patch when it outputs the
patches to files.

Stephen Boyd (3):
  format-patch: create patch filename in one function
  format-patch: --attach/inline uses filename instead of SHA1
  format-patch: --numbered-files and --stdout aren't mutually exclusive

 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt                 |    1 -
 builtin-log.c                                      |   51 ++++++++--------
 log-tree.c                                         |    8 +-
 revision.h                                         |    1 +
 t/t4013-diff-various.sh                            |    1 +
 ..._--attach_--stdout_--suffix=.diff_initial..side |   61 ++++++++++++++++++++
 ....format-patch_--attach_--stdout_initial..master |   12 ++--
 ...format-patch_--attach_--stdout_initial..master^ |    8 +-
 ...ff.format-patch_--attach_--stdout_initial..side |    4 +-
 ...tdout_--subject-prefix=TESTCASE_initial..master |   12 ++--
 ....format-patch_--inline_--stdout_initial..master |   12 ++--
 ...format-patch_--inline_--stdout_initial..master^ |    8 +-
 ...ormat-patch_--inline_--stdout_initial..master^^ |    4 +-
 ...ff.format-patch_--inline_--stdout_initial..side |    4 +-
 14 files changed, 124 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/t4013/diff.format-patch_--attach_--stdout_--suffix=.diff_initial..side